CSC’s Social and Community Services programs were the first services established by CSC. Social Services provides in-depth, integrated, holistic, multi-sectoral case management assistance. Social Service staffs are cross-trained on all agency programs and services, community resources, and government benefits, in order to better address gaps in the County level provision of case management services. Social Services also provides many vital services to the community.
• Outstation Services - To ensure better access to government information and application processing, the Social Services Department regularly serves as an outstation to the Social Security Administration and the Department of Public Social Services.
• Consumer Services
Social Service Department is participating in CHANGES (Community Help and Awareness of Natural Gas and Electricity Services)
CHANGES (Community Help and Awareness of Natural Gas and Electricity Services) is a program that assists those whom may have problems with their gas or electricity bill. We help Clients communicate with their gas or electricity company, educate Clients about discount programs, energy conservation, level pay plan, payment options, billing cycle, safety, avoiding disconnection and how to read their bills. For this program, we assist those who have The Southern California Gas Company and The Southern California Edison bill. If you feel that you may have problems with your bill and/or you may need help explaining your bill, please contact the Social Services Department at (213) 808-1700 to schedule an appointment.
The following are tips that everyone may benefit from regarding energy usage:
- During the summer, a 5-degree Fahrenheit higher setting on your air conditioning thermostat will save you about 10% on cooling costs
- During the winter, lowering the temperature 3 to 5-degree Fahrenheit can save you up to 20% on heating costs
- Reduce air conditioning costs by using fans, keeping windows and doors shut, and closing shades during the day
- Replace Compact Florescent Light bulbs (CFLs) and save on lighting costs
- Unplug any electric cord not in use. Plugged cords are still consuming energy
- Wash only full loads in your dishwasher
- Buy Energy Star qualified home appliances